Thursday, October 30, 2008

Betsy is Back!


Thank you to everyone who has commented or emailed about yesterday's post. (And one who talked me through self-doubt via telephone.)

I appreciate your encouragement so much! Very happy to report actual progress on a story. Boy, that feels good. It isn't the story I intended to write, but it is the one that has decided to be written. Who am I to quibble?

If you have read Midnight in Legend, TN (in the Ladies of Legend: Finding Home anthology), you will remember Betsy, who was receptionist at McClain Realty. She became Midnight Shelby's good friend and a supporter of the marketing campaign for Legend, Tennessee. It's funny that this is the story I am writing, because my intent was to write the story of Kate, a secondary character in The Blank Book. But no, Betsy is eager to be on the page again, so I will oblige. She's so dang cute with those blonde curls... and she's so sweet. How could anyone tell her no? How could bad things have happened to her since we last saw her in Legend? Well, that's life I guess. Even if you're fictional, there are no guarantees.

So Betsy and I will be working through some issues. She'll have issues with Greg, of course, too... Oh, you don't know Greg. He arrived on the scene yesterday, very loudly, and scaring Betsy half to death. Then he laughed at her. Not smart, Greg. You wanna be careful about laughing at a woman who's been through some stuff.

I have an idea the sparks will fly today. Yeehaw--I do believe we're on a roll!

Anyway, Kate will have to wait, but I hope it won't be long. My real life "Kate" is having a birthday tomorrow. Maybe I'll talk about her...in a nice way, of course. Always in a nice way.

Magdalena

4 comments:

  1. Oh Magdalena! That's wonderful news!

    And Betsy? Oh my!

    I just can't imagine what has happened, but can't wait to. Hope today has been just as full of writing, if not moreso!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taryn,

    Ooh, I've whetted your appetite to hear about Betsy. Goody!

    Today was okay on writing, but real life stuff had to be dealt with too. Always unpredictable, I suppose, unless one locks oneself in the house and turns off the phone...and I'm almost to that point. Ha!

    How is your writing going?

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! Betsy is getting her own story! I love when secondary characters get their own stories...

    Can't wait, Magda. :)

    madz

    ReplyDelete
  4. At the moment I haven't really written anything for a little while, though I've been plotting and fleshing out characters for the novel I'm starting tomorrow for NaNoWriMo.

    Have a Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete