Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Packing for the Journey

I know you’re wondering what stuff I packed for this voyage of discovery…this journey to the center of my soul…this walk on the wild side…

Or at least I hope you’re wondering, because I’m going to tell you.

What Went Into the Suitcase
Laptop computer

Cell phone

IPAQ pocket computer



Ah, the basics. The Electronic Devices That Make My Life So Very Much Easier!



Then, of course, there were the other things. I always have to keep opening my suitcase and stuffing more things in before I can actually head out on a trip.


Second Round – Additional Important Items

Battery chargers for the stuff I packed first

Earl Grey Tea Bags, Honey, Spoon, Favorite Mug

Really cute blue Compass
Extra Socks
Sunscreen

Camera

So—ready to set off into the unknown! Yay for exploration!

But what about the quality of water on my voyage of discovery?

Third Round – Jammed Into a Rather Large Tote Bag
Bottled Water
Squishy Pillow

Blanket

More Extra Socks



And then I decided, instead, to just kind of hang out in my sitting room and let the “journey” be representational instead of literal.


You thought that’s what I meant all along? …Well, right. Of course. I did mean that. I was just checking to see if you realized. Good, then. We’ll move onward…

Magdalena

2 comments:

  1. Hey Magdalena. I'm packed, er, well, I'm always packed... but anyway, I'm ready to take the journey with you! Magdalenaville here we come?

    maddie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! C'mon, Maddie--we're on the way!

    Did you bring the... Well, you know. What you and I always need when we're on a journey?

    Did you bring the margaritas?

    I have bottled water, of course...

    ReplyDelete