Friday, November 14, 2008

Out the Window!

A subtitle for this post would be, "The Story of my NONaNo 2008 experience."

But I really like the Out the Window imagery. And this is the cutest window, with its darling little pots of herbs.

So. Here's the thing.

I’m working on Betsy’s story. I had thought I’d hammer it out and then move on to a new novel to do for NaNoWriMo. Fifty thousand words, you know. But as it happens, I’ve had some surprises from Betsy and the people of Legend, Tennessee. No way am I going to tell them I’m taking a break.

So, since we’re near the middle of the month and I haven’t even begun a new story for National Novel Writing Month, or logged into the NaNoWriMo site except to register in October… Um, since all that, NaNo is out the window this year. Sorry. Not intentional, but there it is. To be honest, I’m glad not to have that to worry about right now. I’m not in the mood to write quickly and go back and polish.

I wish all the best to those who are diligently NaNo’ing, building up their word counts. It’s an awesome feeling! Maybe I’ll do it next year. Right now I have to follow my bliss, you know. I’m just that much of a rebel.

I am pleased to report that Betsy is happy with me, and that’s pretty much all that matters right now. By the time I type THE END, there’s going to be a lot of happiness going on in Legend. Funny how that happens.

Magdalena

4 comments:

  1. Hey Magdalena! Glad Betsy is being cooperative and hey- you are getting a story done, even if it's not for NaNo. Go you!

    I just can't wait to find out what's going on with her. Please keep us posted with how you're coming along. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Taryn, you amazing NaNo'er, you! Your word count is really soaring!

    Hey--I saw your famous Christmas tree up there on Cheryl St. John's blog yesterday. Wow!

    Go YOU!

    I'm sure you'll be sick to death of Betsy by the time I finish her story. Well...maybe not. Hope not. Greg turned out to be--

    Wait. I'll tell you that some other time.

    Magdalena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much about my NaNo'ing and my tree.

    Now though-Oh---you are a tease! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad Betsy is happy. We need to keep our characters happy. I think I have a few who are angry with me right now...kinda stuck and waiting for me to get to them. You know, like that commercial with the kid hanging over the swimming pool waiting for the digital camera to unload? Yep. I have characters hanging like that.

    Shameless.

    But your Betsy. She's happy. Yay you!

    maddie

    ReplyDelete