Friday, November 7, 2008

Saturday

I'm posting this blog on Friday night, because I'm not sure I'll be able to move by Saturday. Today I spent about fourteen hours, off and on, "chatting" in a yahoo group that hosts live chats with authors. It was a group chat with Maddie, Jan, and Janet, but they all had to be at day jobs most of the time. So, hey, I thought I'd check in occasionally, post something here and there.

I got caught up in it. I was never away from this laptop for long the entire day. I constantly refreshed my yahoo page to check for new emails.

Finally we ended the chat a little while ago, and I must say I was okay with that. I'm so tired of sitting in this chair and, well, sitting in this chair.

Then why do it? Because maybe we got the word out a little bit today. Maybe new people heard about Legend, Tennessee for the first time, and fell in love with it. Maybe they liked what I posted about The Blank Book, too.

Maybe. You never know for sure exactly what it is that sells books. There are no exit polls at checkout, to my knowledge. You figure out what you have the time and patience for, and what makes sense to you, and you spend yourself there.

Of course I did no writing today. Nada. That's a trade-off. Promote or write? Today I did all of one and none of the other, which is probably not ideal. Definitely not what I planned.

For everyone who did the scavenger hunt, please check the SisterWriters Blog on Saturday to see if you won.

Have a lovely Saturday. I'll see you on Sunday morning. There's something special on Sunday.

Magdalena

No comments:

Post a Comment