Monday, November 17, 2008

What a great day!

Gee, Saturday in my part of the world was a rainy, messy day. Bleah. The perfect day to stay home by the fireplace, drink hot tea, and read, or write. Yay!

But then, one has one's commitments. I'm secretary of my local Romance Writers of America chapter, Kentucky Romance Writers. This "local" chapter meets in Lexington, KY, about two and a half hours from my fireplace. Since I'm secretary, and since we were hosting a special speaker, I dragged my sorry carcass out of the house, and Liberty Ann and I made the drive. (Liberty Ann is my Jeep, and she loves drives like that, even if it rains. Or, in theory, even if it snows, but I'm not inclined to test that any time soon.)

We had a good time visiting over lunch at Cheddar's. (I didn't take pictures of lunch. There was spinach dip, and you know how that goes.)


Then we had our meeting in the Tates Creek Branch Library. Usually we have a room reserved, but this time we met in the study area. Worked out great. Our "guest" spoke extemporaneously--really more of a chat--and there was lots of discussion. What fun!

I think some of the library patrons were interested in what was going on. As they should have been--because looky who our speaker was! Kay Stockham!

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to let you know I really had a great time, at lunch and the meeting. I was impressed at the variety of people present, and of course the speaker! Thank you Kay for making a rainy day awesome. And thank you Magdalena for being especially friendly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer, I'm so glad you were with us Saturday! It was a great first meeting for you to attend. You have awesome timing!

    I look forward to seeing you at the January meeting. Please join me in crossing fingers for no snow that day. :)

    Magdalena

    ReplyDelete