Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The gift of time

I received a wonderful gift yesterday--the gift of time.

My godson gave it to me, and I'm so very grateful. At 29 years old, he's certainly not a kid anymore. I congratulate his parents on raising him to be such a terrific young man. He lives several hours from here, but came to our little town on his own, to visit his grandmothers. I think that's fantastic, and I'm sure they do too.

While in the area, he called to see if he could stop by with a gift from his mom, one of my best friends from high school. She's also several hours away, and if we're lucky we see each other a couple of times a year. That wrapped gift (feels like a book) is under the tree, but the other one--the visit--I enjoyed right away! Two blessed hours of drinking coffee and getting to know each other better. He asked about my writing, I asked about his art. This visit has become a pre-Christmas tradition, and I love it!

I've always felt sorry for him, being stuck with me as a godmother. I'm lousy at it, and that's the truth. But I am grateful.


Magdalena

No comments:

Post a Comment