Thursday, December 18, 2008

Thank you

I would not be where I am without my writing friends. It's as simple as that. I have learned so much from other writers, from my editor--and the debt of gratitude to Resplendence Publishing is huge! I have much more to learn, and I look forward to that.

Today, though, I want to thank my friends and family who are so very, very supportive of me, even though they are not "involved" in writing. I would guess some of them get tired of that being my main topic of discussion. Yet I get almost nonstop encouragement. I live in a small town, and anyone who reads the paper knows at least a little bit about my writing. People stop me in the grocery store and ask about my books, and so many have signed up to receive my email newsletter. Plus I get emails from friends and family who live far away, asking me how the writing is going. Encouraging me not to spend too much time with email--get back to the project!

I try to work diligently each day at the process. But even though I'm home all day long, I seldom get a phone call. Everyone is so respectful of my writing time, and most calls come in the evening, "after work."

Yesterday one of my friends came to the house with a darling little gift from him and his wife: a door hanger that says, "Quiet, please. Novel in progress." How cute! Now, these are people who will probably never read one of my books, yet when this item caught her eye, the wife bought it for me.

Today I met one of my readers for coffee--she and I became friends at my most recent job, and at some point I began to blather about my writing...and she bought the first anthology. She recently purchased A Legendary Christmas from Amazon, and emailed to ask if I would meet her to sign it. Well heck yes! As if that's a task I want to avoid?!? I look forward to signing the first copy of The Blank Book. I haven't even seen a print copy of that one yet. But one of my friends will have hers tomorrow, she said--and would I mind to sign it?

You know the answer to that, right?

Because so many people believe in me, it's easier for me to believe in myself. Thank you all!


Magdalena

No comments:

Post a Comment