Friday, January 9, 2009

Deadline

Christmas break is ending here. The schedule will return to normal very soon, and as far as writing goes, that's a good thing.

I have a deadline of January 31 to turn in my manuscript for Where Her Heart Is. I'm excited about this story because I enjoyed writing the heroine, Betsy, when she first appeared in the Finding Home anthology. She was Martin McClain's receptionist, and became a good friend to Midnight Shelby, the heroine of that story.

Betsy has been away from her hometown of Legend, Tennessee, for a couple of years, and now she's back. Her almost-ex-husband still lives there, and immediately complicates things for Betsy and their young daughter.

The story is going well. It's different in some ways than anything I've written before, and that's okay! More soon about Betsy, Mike, and LizBeth Ann...

Magdalena

5 comments:

  1. So glad to hear the story is coming along. Can't wait to read it.

    I got The Blank Book in the mail yesterday, but just a matter of finding time to get into it. Can't wait though.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taryn,

    I do hope you'll enjoy The Blank Book! Let me know, okay?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to this story, Magdalena. I loved Betsy in Finding Home. I can't wait to see her again in your next story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betsy has done some growing up since FINDING HOME. That's a good thing. She is a fun heroine to write.

    ReplyDelete