Monday, January 19, 2009

A new start

There's a thin coating of snow outside, and in a little while I'll take a walk. I absolutely love to walk in snow. Much rather walk in it than drive, in fact.

The walk is not just for fun, of course. It's also for the exercise, and I need that. I've missed a couple of days due to sickness. And laziness.

I feel as if I got a new start yesterday. Heard something in the sermon I really needed to hear, and took it much to heart. We had a nice afternoon and evening, including no writing at all. It felt good to live like a normal person for a little while. Sometimes I forget to take breaks like that.

But this morning I'm ready to jump back into it! I have a story to finish, and about three others I want to work on next. (I won't, of course. I'll have to choose one.) There are copies of The Blank Book on order, bookstores to visit, two signings coming up in February, and one in March.

At times I get overwhelmed with all there is to do in my writing life and real life. Quite often I handle it poorly. I'm not Nora Roberts, and never will be. In fact, I don't have that as a goal, because she does such an awesome job of being herself!

My goal is simply to do the best I can with what I have. I'm focusing better on that, with my new start.

Magdalena

No comments:

Post a Comment