Sunday, February 22, 2009

The big premiere...and CAKE!

Maybe you were here the other day for the sneak peek at the book video for The Blank Book.

Well, I want to invite you to the big Premiere! The video is one of several featured at the Grauman's Chinese Theatre of Romance Book Videos--Barbara Vey's Publisher's Weekly blog. Hey, it's a chance to take that slinky dress out of the closet, right? Go here to watch the videos. Comments are always encouraged.

Since we're having this big celebration, I wanted to serve refreshments. Kinda difficult to do since I'm here and you're--well, not here. Fortunately, Harlequin Mills & Boon author Barbara Hannay quite innocently solved my problem last night. She posted a recipe for a one or two-serving chocolate cake you cook in a coffee mug in your microwave. I tried it this morning. Anything for my readers, you know. It's not bad if you're into chocolate. I made it without the chocolate chips, trying to go low-cal. Next time I think I'll include them, though. I'm thinking dark chocolate chips. For the quick (five minutes total) and easy recipe, go here.

Thanks for making the premiere such an enjoyable event. Stuff like this is so much more fun with friends. And calories.

Which means this slinky dress is going right back into the closet.

Magdalena

11 comments:

  1. Wow. I bet you'e so tickled to be on the pw website. That's really something.
    I called my mom and gave her that recipe immediately. My step-dad is a chocolate fiend, even though he is allergic, and this would be a perfect little snack for the two of them.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer! You didn't try the cake first??! You either have a lot of self-restraint, or...have A LOT OF SELF-RESTRAINT. Actually, I may need to "bake" another cake in a few minutes, in case anyone asks how I like it with the chocolate chips.

    All in the name of science, of course.

    Plus there needs to be popcorn, for the full movie premiere effect, but I thought cake would be more festive.

    Seriously, you didn't try it first?

    ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the premiere, Magdalena.
    I love it that you have chocolate cake and a slinky dress in the same blog. They're not mutally exclusive, are they?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barbara,

    They're not mutually exclusive as long as I walk a few [dozen] extra miles this week.

    And as long as I don't have chocolate cake for breakfast again tomorrow...and the next day...

    Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Magdalena, I'm still working on my son's birthday cake. Don't worry, I'll try it one of these grumpy nights.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Right--I forgot about the birthday cake. That's always yummy!

    I was worried that you weren't ingesting enough calories. And I hope you know, if you needed me to, I would eat a little cake for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! So cool to see you on PW blog! So exciting.

    I snagged the recipe and am going to have to try it out afterwhile! Yummy Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Taryn,

    I'm so glad you could join us for the premiere. Enjoy the cake. I've been talking about it all day--ever since I had it for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the recipe! And a huge congratulations on the video promo! I went over there and left you a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Devon,

    Golly, thank you for leaving a comment on the PW blog. I was beginning to despair...

    Thanks so much for coming to the premiere, Devon! Enjoy your cake.

    Psst--I appreciate you not bringing that funny little man with you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LMAO!!! Magdalena, looks like our road trip is off. The guy is in Quartzite, wherever that is. I only know it's way out west in the desert somehwere. The good news for all the adventurous seniors--he and his place are on the RV tour! Blahahahahah!!! Honestly, I can't stop laughing!

    But seriously... I was very happy to go leave you a comment. Hopefully, you'll get some good promo (oh, there's that word again) from being spotlighted on Ms. Vey's blog. :o)

    ReplyDelete