Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Lining up the ducks

Today I need to get my ducks in a row, as they say. The picture here makes it look easy, but of course I can always manage to make easy things difficult. It's just a talent I have.

Today I'll send out an email newsletter (if anyone wants to be added to the list, email me through the website, please). I'm preparing for Friday's booksigning by printing some stuff and making the gift basket.

I also have some writing to do. Fortunately I have lots of paper and some pens around here. A windstorm is bearing down on us, and I fully expect to lose power, at least for a while. It's been that kind of a season. If you read the blog I wrote on Romantic Gems about the most recent power outage, you'll be glad to know that the flashlight-radio-siren thingie is fully charged.

The big news, if you noticed it above, is that I'm doing a booksigning two days from now--Friday, February 13. I'll be in the window of Salem Apothecary, on the Square in Salem, Indiana. It's a beautiful little store, with lots of unique items for sale. They're serving Valentine refreshments during the signing. There's also a real soda fountain!

My theme for this event is Celebrate Valentine's Day with a new romance. I'll mainly sign copies of The Blank Book, but will also have a few Ladies of Legend: Finding Home and A Legendary Christmas. If you're in the area, come see us! Friday, 3pm to 5pm.

Okay, gotta go. These ducks are getting unruly...

Magdalena

9 comments:

  1. Hope those ducks stay in line for you and I hope the signing goes well. I'm superstitious, but when it comes to Friday the 13th, I think it's mighty lucky so I'm hoping it will be for you, too.

    (my daughter was born on a Friday the 13th)

    Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck with the booksigning... and the ducks! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taryn and Devon,

    Thanks for the encouragement! Ducks are behaving reasonably well at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanna go there to your signing. Ever do northern Ohio?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joysann,

    Come on over Friday! What fun that would be. Okay, well, probably I'd pass out from the shock of you appearing there. So it might be fun for people watching me keel over...

    Um, I haven't done any signings in northern Ohio YET. Shoot me an email if you know of some places I should contact.

    Otherwise, I'll see you at Lori Foster's in June--yes?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Magdalena! I guess I somehow spaced out and didn't realize you were doing a signing this week. Wow, two weeks in a row for you. I know it will be great as the Apothecary is such a cool place. I wonder if I can sneak away work early and come visit you?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maddie,

    It would be great fun if you popped in at the signing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well shucks! I can't be there Friday, and I'd love for you to sign my copy of The Blank Book. I was in Salem today ... braving the wind and rain. Your ducks were probably happy, but I ended up looking like a drowned rat!

    Good luck - I have always looked forward to Friday the 13th! (yes, I'm a little strange)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Suzanne, welcome to the blog!

    Sorry you got drowned. Weather in the area lately has been as "freakish" as the blizzard last Christmas in Legend, hasn't it?

    You know I want to sign your copy of THE BLANK BOOK. There may be an opportunity in your area one of these days. That's another set of ducks I need to work on.

    ReplyDelete