Saturday, February 28, 2009

Painless promotion

Yesterday was fun here on the blog. I love it when you all chime in like that!

Sort of as a continuation of yesterday's post about cool writer stuff, here is a button. I think I've previously mentioned the one I bought at the RWA national conference in Dallas. It's very similar to this one.

I carry colorful fabric handbags most of the time, and whenever I change bags, the button moves. My bags have a cell phone pocket on one end, and on the other end I pin the button. So I advertise all the time without thinking about it, just by having my purse on my shoulder.

I guess it would fall under the heading of "shameless promotion" but it's also "painless promotion." This button, and several others, as well as other cool writer stuff, can be found at the Rose's Colored Glasses website. They also have lots of helpful articles, etc., for writers.

I had considered posting about yesterday's trip to the tax guy, but thought this might be more fun. Let me know if you would have preferred the other post, and I'll try to work it in next week.

Magdalena

4 comments:

  1. Ooh...thanks for sharing the link to that...might have to order myself a button or two. (or three or four..hehehe)

    Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Taryn! I really have enjoyed my button. Let me know if you get comments from yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute button. I've been considering having a t-shirt made up that says, "Yes, I'm published. Go ahead, ask me about it!" ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, Devon... The t-shirt idea is great!

    Better be armed with plenty of promo items to hand out when people do ask you about it.

    ReplyDelete