Tuesday, February 10, 2009

See I'm Cinderella?

That's me inside the carriage. See? I'm Cinderella. After toiling away in obscurity, suddenly I'm wearing a seriously happenin' ball gown and a tiara--and my hair is under control. This is so cool.

What? You don't think I'm Cinderella? Well, okay if you want to think that. But I still feel that way. Today's local paper is on my side, too. My goodness--the cover of The Blank Book, and a teaser for an article, "Local Author's Novel Published," is at the top of the front page! The article, including the book blurb, the cover again, and my photo, are on the back page of the front section. So yeah, I definitely feel Cinderella-ish. Also a bit nauseous from the excitement.

Besides this (yikes!) several other things are adding to my excited state. Can't talk about them quite yet, but soon I will. For the moment, though, I think I'd better do something normal so I can calm down. Maybe go to the grocery. Think anyone would notice if I wore the tiara?

Magdalena

5 comments:

  1. LOL! I dare you to wear the tiara to the grocery.

    Congratulations on the celebrity! Enjoy it, bask in it, it's one of the few perks in this business.

    I can't wait to hear the news you're sitting on. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Devon, I chickened out and didn't wear the tiara to the grocery. One of the checkout ladies recognized me from the picture in the paper, so I gave her a book cover postcard. I know, small time. But for me it's big time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taryn, It was such fun to be "famous" for a minute.

    I went to a meeting tonight, and a couple of people mentioned the article. But it didn't get as much discussion as the fact that I dropped a dozen cookies on the floor at the previous meeting.

    It's good to have people who help you keep your feet on the ground. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!! Enjoy every little bit of fame you can get.

    ReplyDelete