Monday, February 2, 2009

TBR

I’m not a numbers person. I don’t have a tendency to count things. But I knew my TBR pile had been growing over the past couple of years. So, with some hesitation, yesterday I counted the To Be Read books.



Electronic - 55 (maybe more, as they’re not well organized)

Paperback - 45

Currently on loan, unread - 6



I readand lovedJanet Eaves’ novella, Sins of the Father, on Sunday afternoon, so that took the electronic down to 54.



But—oops—my cousin Sandy in Oregon was reading a paperback copy of The Perfect Match by Kimberly Cates, and since I had money in my Fictionwise account, I bought the ebook. (Have started reading this onereally enjoying it!)




Which brought the electronic tally back up to 55, didn't it?



And, well, of course I’d been waiting for Susan Wiggs’ newest, Fireside, which was released February 1.



Updated total:


Electronic - 56

Paperback - 45

Currently on loan, unread (no hurry on giving these back, ladies!!!) - 6



What did I learn from this little exercise? I think I need to become more of a numbers person. And definitely need to read faster.


Magdalena

4 comments:

  1. While you're working through that pile, if you run across a really great historical, please let me know. I finally gave up on my TBR pile. They're now in a box, which has been moved to the garage. Too many books, too little time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Devon,

    I'll try to watch for an historical you'd like. Most of these are contemporaries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think there is no use trying to whittle away at my TBR pile. It just keeps getting bigger no matter what I do! But generally, I don't see that as a problem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy,

    Well, you're building a bigger house, right? Maybe you can include a TBR room. I, on the other hand, started the year trying to rid myself of clutter and extraneous stuff. Some of the TBR pile ended up at a used book store, in fact--the ones I knew I would never read. So the remaining books I eventually plan to get to. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete