Saturday, February 14, 2009

These are for you

Happy Valentine's Day. I wanted you to have a flower. I chose a mixed bouquet because each of you is different, and each is special...

My family, who not only put up with me, but actually encourage me.

My "normal" friends who aren't put off by the sharp turn my life took when I started writing fulltime.

My writer friends who have welcomed me into the fold.

My publisher, and Courtney, my long-suffering editor.

The lady who brought her granddaughters to the booksigning yesterday so the thirteen year old could have The Blank Book signed to her...and then grandma bought Ladies of Legend: Finding Home for herself on a whim.

The insurance agent who took time off work to catch the booksigning. My high school classmate, who told the boss "I have to be somewhere..."

The medical assistant who called the store and asked that a book be held for her...she'd try to get there in time...and of course she did.

Everyone who has attended a signing, and stopped to visit. It can get lonely on my side of the table, so I always appreciate a smiling face!

The blog readers who are here every single day.

The blog readers who check in once in a while to catch up on what I've been into...

Those who comment, and those who prefer to remain silent.

Those who email after reading the books they bought from Amazon or directly from Resplendence Publishing.

The newspaper people who are happy to write an article about a struggling author.

The newspaper people who show up at booksignings, and take pictures.

The newspaper people who don't answer emails from struggling authors. I haven't given up on you yet. Giving you a daisy just because.

All of my readers. Bless your hearts.

I hope you enjoy your flowers. Have a lovely day...

Magdalena

P.S. If you want to read a report from yesterday's booksigning, go here.

14 comments:

  1. Magdalena, it sounds like you had a lovely day yesterday. Happy Valentine's Day, and thank you for the flowers! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, Devon. And thank YOU!

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that you should keep a flower for yourself. Thank you for bringing your sweet,yet sassy version of romance out into the world for us to enjoy. You can never get enough "Muches" as a certain 2 yr old I know would say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Garden Girl. Okay, I'll keep one of the daisies from the back of the bouquet. I do love daisies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful bouquet, Magdalena. And a wonderful post. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the lovely bouquet! I'm keeping them in my special valentines .gif file box. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you like your flower, Fran. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Magdalena! They're just lovely!

    Glad you a great day at the booksigning and hope you have a lovely Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much Magdalena, that is so sweet. Believe me, we would not keep coming back if we didn't enjoy what you write and your insights.
    I'll take a flower if you take the huge dark chocolate bar my husband got me. (My hips don't really need it;flowers have less impact.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jennifer,

    You're so sweet!

    AND you've got a deal. Enjoy your flower, and I'll be all over that dark chocolate bar. Actually I've been grazing on dark chocolate all day...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely blog, Magdalena. I hope you had a nice Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad you liked it, Amy. Enjoy your flowers!

    Yes, Valentine's Day was nice. We've simply had a very, very nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete