Friday, March 6, 2009

Another kind of work

I bought a new pair of jeans the other day. They fit well, and the price was right. Why am I mentioning such a boring purchase, and why does it sound like I'm building up to a whine? Because these jeans are not my size—or at least, not the size I want to be. They're a size bigger. Arrgh!


I am so frustrated with myself! I know this happened because I’m way too sedentary. I don’t eat more—or at least not much more—but it sure hangs around. Around my middle, mostly.


The other day I figured out a better way to look at my writing time. I'm also improving the exercise routine. The last couple of days I’ve picked up my walking pace, added a long staircase, and am eating a little better. It's a work in progress. Everything with me is a work in progress, huh? Well, as long as there is progress...


I refuse to buy more pairs of jeans this size. And I want to be able to wear all my dress pants, instead of just one pair! I can't afford a new wardrobe, but the main point is I can't afford to let my health slide.


In addition to the walk (and climb), today I'll start using The Wheel of Pain. If I survive, I'll post a picture tomorrow. A picture of the wheel, that is.


Magdalena

8 comments:

  1. That's the trouble with writing, isn't it? to much sitting around with computers. I find snacking on fruit is good, and drinking lots of water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right there with you... ugh...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you, too. I started back on my Gazelle at the beginning of the year.

    I've slacked off for several weeks now and after putting a bill out in the mail this morning, I made a demand of myself on the way back to the house- Starting next week I will get back to my exercise. It HAS to go back into my weekly routine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bryn and Marianne, Welcome to Magdalenaville!

    Yes, it's the constant sitting that's caused my problem. I'll try snacking on fruit, Bryn. Not snacking at all is difficult! And I'm drinking more water now. That makes a difference in my energy level, too!

    Taryn, you and the Gazelle will go places, I've no doubt! You're so good with it. I can't stand riding our exercise bike, and although I could use a treadmill, I won't. Walking outdoors is about it for me.

    I managed almost three miles today, plus the steps (huff, puff). Now to do the Wheel of Pain, and I'll hit the shower...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not going to embarrass myself and tell you how much I've gained since I became sahm, because it's so depressing. I have been walking though. I did 2.3 miles at Blue Licks tuesday, and 1.5 on hills in Paris yesterday. Spring is in the air and I feel like bettering myself.
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay you, Jennifer! Two days in a row is great!

    I think we're both on a roll. Which reminds me (ugh) I forgot the Wheel of Pain...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Same problem here. Two different sizes of clothes, and I hated it. I didn't even like to go anywhere because I didn't feel like myself and the bigger size was unflattering no matter which way I turned to look in the mirror. I solved the problem very simply--I stopped eating any kind of sugary snacks. Don't get me wrong, I still eat sweets--but they're planned treats. I just cut out grabbing something and stuffing it in my face every time I walked through the kitchen. Don't kill me but I'd proud to say I'm back to weighing just 2 lbs. more than I did when hubby and I got married.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Devon,

    WOW! What a success story! Yet again, I'm so impressed by you!

    Snacks have been my downfall, too, since being home.

    Gosh, I just can't stop smiling, thinking how great you did.

    ReplyDelete