Tuesday, March 3, 2009

My turn to blog

Hi. I'm Spot. I live at Magdalena's house. I notice I've been getting some bad press here lately, so she agreed (finally) to let me blog in self-defense.

Here's the deal. The woman is inept. Pleasant enough most of the time, but she's definitely got issues.

See this tennis ball? I love chasing the tennis ball! But with her throwing it, nobody (especially Magdalena) knows where it will go. I guess it's good exercise, having to backtrack and dive over stuff, but sheesh. Scary in the house, too, because the woman has stuff sitting around that will break if you knock it onto the floor with a tennis ball. No idea why she'd want stuff like that sitting around in the first place. One day I was so bored, I ran to the top of the stairs and dropped the tennis ball so I could chase it. And guess what--I knew where it would go that time! Wow, that was fun!

You may have read the woman's post about the Two O'clock Feeding and thought I was being unreasonable. But answer me this: Am I the only one who would suffer if the wood fire went out? Of course not! For Pete's sake, I've got fur! I was thinking of the people when I did that. Always trying to help them out.

And the deal with the rabbit the other night. Not my fault. I don't know if you've seen her lately, but Magdalena has been putting on weight. She needs more exercise. She even talks about exercising more. But as far as I can tell, talking about it isn't helping her shed that stubborn belly fat.

So, once again, I was trying to help out. I saw the rabbit and immediately thought, "Here's an opportunity for an enjoyable calorie-burning romp for all three of us!" The rabbit was up for it, and I sure was, but Magdalena... Um... Have I mentioned she's a bit awkward? She not only dropped the leash, but I guess she tripped over something, because she fell. Evidently she doesn't really want to exercise more, because she just lay there for a while. The rest of the evening she shuffled around the house and groaned. Imagine how few calories that burned.

Well, I've got squirrels and birds to watch, so I need to sign off. Just a reminder, though--there are always two sides to every story.

Spot


P.S.--Remember I said she's inept? My eyes are dark-chocolate brown, not this bizarre bluish greenish color. What's up with that?

12 comments:

  1. Spot, you're adorable! And you have a wonderful sense of humor. Terrific blog, maybe she'll let you do it again sometime. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Devon,

    Thanks for dropping by the Dog Blog today. I appreciate you taking time for my side of the story.

    Spot

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, Spot! You're adorable and funny!

    Thanks for telling your side.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Taryn,

    Thank you for visiting the Dog Blog.

    I wonder if Magdalena will notice that both of you called me "adorable" and commented on my wit. Could be a doggy treat in my future, I'm thinking!

    Spot

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spot, absolutely wonderful blog. And I admire your patience. Sounds like Magdalena would try anybody!
    And, yes, you are actually pretty adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jennifer,

    Thank you for your comment on today's Dog Blog.

    You feel my pain, don't you? It's good when humans can appreciate Dogs. *sigh*

    And in case nobody else is counting, that's three ADORABLES!

    Spot

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spot,
    You have always had a special place in my heart. Blog again soon. Jonell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, Jonell! You really know how to treat a dog right. Thanks for stopping at the Dog Blog.

    AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

    As far as blogging again, I don't know if/when you-know-who will permit it.

    Spot

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your mom is a published author, and she named you "Spot"?? Well...anyhow, you might want to take a look at a book written by Trixie Koontz (pet dog of Dean Koontz). It's great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jennifer,

    Welcome to the Dog Blog! I wondered if anyone would mention my name. Unimaginative, you might think--but my Boy gave it to me when he chose me at the shelter. He was pretty young back then.

    I have some problems with my hearing, so when people say STOP sometimes I think they're calling me instead of, you know, telling me to stop.

    My nickname is THE MOST WONDERFULLEST, HANDSOMEST PUPPYDOG IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD. That's pretty grand, isn't it?

    I'll check out Trixie Koontz's book. Thanks for the tip!

    Spot

    ReplyDelete
  11. Spot,
    I thought it was very gracious of you to not brag about all the tricks you can do and how loving you are. You are truly a great dog and can come live with me anytime ( I would even let you come into my special room. Unlike some writers who will remain nameless)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Garden Girl,

    Don't tempt me! How I'd love to live somewhere that I'm truly appreciated. Although--pardon me for mentioning this--I remember one time you brought a little dog to visit me, and all she did was growl and snap at me. At least here I'm unquestionably Top Dog.

    So I guess I'll stay. I don't care about her special room, anyway. I have the window seat (and she doesn't). From there I can watch what goes on inside AND outside the house. Also a great place to nap on a sunny afternoon!

    Yeah, it's a big job, but I'm up for it.

    Spot

    ReplyDelete