Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Kentucky Oaks Party is Friday--where is your hat?!?

Okay, I did figure out what I could do for a Derby-related post on Friday. I got the idea from a comment Jennifer Johnson put on the SisterWriters blog, about women wearing hats to the Derby. The SisterWriters are saluting the Kentucky Derby this week, and Friday is my SisterWriters day...

Anyway, we're going to have a Kentucky Oaks Party. Friday is the day the fillies run, if you didn't know it, and since most of my readers (I think) are female, what better way to celebrate?

Everyone is invited to SisterWriters for the party, but the special guests will be wearing hats! So put on a hat, email me a picture, and voila, you are a special guest! (Probably. I will need to observe certain content rules, like you should also be wearing clothes.) I need the pictures by midnight on Thursday to get everything put together and the post up by mid-morning Friday.

Send your hat pictures to magdalena.scott (at) yahoo.com. Don't forget the dot between my first and last name. And please put the word "hat" in the subject line.

Yay for thinking outside the [hat] box!

Magdalena

6 comments:

  1. I've got my picture and will send it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my. The only hat pictures I have are 20 years old and I'm sure you weren't talking about cowboy hats. I haven't had a hat (of any kind) since I left Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to it, Jennifer. Mary--you're invited too, you know. And Devon--vintage pictures, and different types of hats, are welcome.

    Hey, I seem to be making the rules here, don't I? In fact, I thought about using my first hat picture ever. You know that was way more than 20 years old.

    You, in a hat. Please send. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hats? I don't know that I have one--hat picture, that is. I'll have to look around. I do have one cartoon one of the redhead as a detective. Derby is all about style and dress up...hmmm, I'll have to think on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We'd love to have you, hat and all, if you can manage it, Sia.

    ReplyDelete