Thursday, April 16, 2009

Murder on the Mountain by Maddie James

I finished this book a while ago, but hadn't gotten around to telling you about it. Remember, this is not a review. I don't do reviews. That would be way harder than just saying:

Wow! I loved this book!

Which I really did.

What a wild ride the characters---and their relationship--have to take before they get to the happily ever after! Murder on the Mountain has plenty of romance, and lots of suspense. It's one of those "on the edge of your seat" reads.

And I'm tickled to have it in both print and ebook. (I read the ebook, so the print copy is still perfect, and sitting on my Ladies of Legend shelf.)

What can I say? Maddie James did it again.


Magdalena

5 comments:

  1. I don't have this one, but I've been curious about it because it seems like yet another writing side of Maddie. Or maybe the title just makes me think that. Will have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Devon, my cousin read it before I did, and was all excited about it. I keep suggesting contemporaries, don't I?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magdalena, wow! Thank you so much for your comments. I'm so glad you liked my story. I shall confess that Murder on the Mountain is the very first full manuscript I ever, ever wrote. It sat in it's lonely folder in my computer for a very long time before I decided to dust it off, spruce it up, and see if it could find a home. Hearing you say how much you liked it warms my heart. It also reminds me of when I was teaching. There was a little guy, a student of mine, who touched my heart in real life, just like the young man in the book touched Kara's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I knew this was you first completed ms. (Or more likely, I forgot it.)

    The character of Danny definitely tugged at my heart. I wonder what happened to your real-life Danny?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know. he moved away at the end of this 8th grade year and I never heard of him again. I have thought of him many times over the years and wish him well. Hm, now that I think of it, he's well passed being a little boy now. I'd say he's about(gulp) in his mid thirties.

    ReplyDelete