Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Need a good laugh?

Finding myself in a funk after the big weekend, I decided that, instead of reading From Belly Fat to Belly Flat, by C. W. Randolph, M.D., I would read The Jinx, by Jennifer Johnson.

Jennifer and I haven't met in person, but we visit via our blogs, and we're both members of KYOWA chapter of Romance Writers of America. It was through the KYOWA yahoogroup that I became intrigued with this book, and when it was published in ebook format, I snatched it up! That was months ago.

As you probably know, I don't do reviews, but will make the occasional recommendation. Oh my word, if you want to read an unusual love story, and laugh until the tears stream down your face, this may well be the book for you. I tried really hard not to laugh out loud, but finally wondered if the effort could cause internal damage. So I cackled and hooted, and completely ruined my makeup. Whew--that felt good! Thank you, Jennifer, for a great read!

The Jinx is available at Wild Rose Press in both ebook and paperback. Or if you want to take advantage of the big Fictionwise sale we've been talking about, go here.

Of course, I still need to read this darn belly fat book. Ick.

Magdalena

5 comments:

  1. Thanks, Magdalena!
    I'm thrilled you enjoyed it. Can't wait to meet you at Dogwood.
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great, Jennifer. Now...where's that sequel?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, to tell you the truth, I'm working on the sequel to The Clergy Affair which comes out in July...Wow, you really think I could do a sequel??!! Hmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes do a sequel I want to know what happens.
    Nice to see your book is getting out all over the place
    leona

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES! A sequel! Chris and Denise need a story!

    Boy, do I look forward to THE CLERGY AFFAIR.

    ReplyDelete