Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Report from Kingfish

Sheryl Brennan and I had fun at Girls' Night Out. We hadn't engaged a camera crew, so the only pictures were taken by us, of each other. Um...with my phone.

Happily for us, we had "prime real estate"--meaning, my nifty folding table was set up in the foyer, where we greeted everyone who entered the restaurant. Some purchases were made by people who had just come to eat delicious fish, and not for Girls' Night Out (held in the bar--note the arrow above my head. Also note the giant fish tank the arrow is taped to. Part of the time a big yellow fish freaked me out by suddenly swimming into my peripheral vision when Sheryl and I were talking).


We had time to visit with each other, and there were lots of interesting people to meet. We had a prize drawing, sold a few books, and gave away promo items. We didn't eat or drink, so focused were we on being--I dunno. Focused? But wow, did the fish smell good!

Sheryl and I plan to participate again next Tuesday night, maybe with another author or two. I appreciate her inviting me to participate yesterday evening, and the hospitality of Kingfish and New Country 103.1 Radio.

Magdalena

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Glad you had a good outing.
    Can't believe you didn't eat any fish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it either, Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to Angela Arand, the winner of our $10.00 Salon Z gift certificate door prize!!! Your gift card is in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magdalena,

    I had a great time! Your an awesome boothmate. Can't wait to get back and sell more books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for mentioning our winner, Sheryl. Yay Angela!

    I look forward to next Tuesday night. Should be great...and maybe this time I won't be as surprised by the big yellow fish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a good day. Your table looked really pretty. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great time girls! I would love to join you one of these days...when I get my life settled!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Devon. My decorating secrets: gold fabric that was supposed to become a skirt for RWA 2006, lace with a sentimental history, and a sprinkling of dark chocolate kisses. I loved the thingy that Sheryl brought to display books on.

    One of these days we'll figure out how to get *you* behind one of those tables!

    Maddie, it would be such fun if you could participate!

    ReplyDelete