Thursday, April 30, 2009

This week's blog winner

Congratulations to Angela Arand of Louisville, KY (center), the winner of this week's drawing at Girls' Night Out. With her are Melonie Cox and Amanda Ernspiker.

As to her favorite book, she said, "Too many to choose from. I just love to be sucked in from the beginning." Can't help hoping that will happen to her with Legend!

There was a big turnout this week, including the Chocolate Fountain Lady--yay! My booksigning friend and I had a yummy dinner before the event was scheduled to begin, but also indulged in a couple of things from the Fountain. Here is my plate afterward. I would have licked the chocolate off, but it seemed indelicate.


It was dark chocolate, too. Oh my.

After I loaded the Big Rolling Bag of Booksigning Fun into Liberty Ann, I sighed--because it was truly a beautiful night. How lovely to have just sat on the patio for a while and enjoyed it. But instead I took a picture to share with you.

Magdalena

NOTE: If you want to be a special guest at Friday's Kentucky Oaks Party at the SisterWriters blog, be sure and email me your photo by midnight Thursday, April 30.

9 comments:

  1. Mags, I know you say that is dark chocolate, but it looks green on my screen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ewww. If it looks green, maybe that's why nobody else has commented today. Sorry. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Licking chocolate off a plate is hardly indelicate...it's required! The only problem is getting it off your nose when you are finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And it looked like regular chocolate on my monitor. Not a green thing in sight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, shoot. I should have just gone with my inclination, I guess. Maybe next time, Fran. So glad it looks like chocolate to you, and not like...whatever it looks like to Jennifer.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does look green for me too.
    Irish chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I probably would have licked it too, green or not. Glad you had a fun night out. The skyline is beautiful. Makes me want to explore Louisville.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mags, the stuff on the plate looks like green goo to me, too. Glad you had a good evening. Nice picture from the patio. Congrats to your winner!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perhaps I should take another picture next week of a plate of chocolate, and let you know if it's dark chocolate or milk... that would give some of you the opportunity to adjust the colors on your computer monitors.

    I'm just thinking chocolate = public service.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete