Friday, May 1, 2009

Buy Indie Day

Now here is something I can get behind. Independent booksellers.

Today is Buy Indie Day, and everyone is encouraged to buy a book at an independent bookstore.

Go here to learn more about Indie Bound, and support your local bookseller--today, tomorrow, etc. Otherwise, you know, there may not be independent booksellers for us to enjoy.

They make it easy for us. Here is a link to find an Indie Bound bookseller in your area.

As much as I love e-reading, there is simply nothing like a wonderful bookstore. And I guess because I'm such a rebel anyway, independents always have a special place in my heart.

Sorry I didn't realize earlier that today is the official day. I'm guessing if you don't read this til Saturday, it's still okay to buy independent then. That's my plan!

Okay. Happy Friday again!

Magdalena

4 comments:

  1. Whatever the day, wherever the store, the message is the best, buy books!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay! Buy books...great message, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. May have to show my support tomorrow when I go to town.
    I love bookstores!!! There's a neat little one I found in Morehead Ky. It's a little far away, but I always stop in if I'm nearby.
    Have a good weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a good weekend too, Jennifer! Let us know how the bookstore visit goes. ;)

    ReplyDelete