Saturday, May 2, 2009

A little pout

So Friday was pretty much of a wash. I had grand plans, but as usual, plans and reality didn't mesh. Did a little on the Christmas novella, but not much, and that's aggravating. I think maybe I had my own personal dark cloud, because by mid-morning I was in a rotten mood. (Might have had something to do with the arm wrestling Blogger and I went through, beginning shortly after six o'clock a.m.)

Today is the Kentucky Derby and I'm not going to be there. Again. This is, in fact, the 135th Derby in a row that I have not attended. My favorite 11.5 inch fashion doll gets to be there--just like she was at the Oaks yesterday, cheering on my new favorite horse. Where is the justice in that? I even have a dress that looks a lot like her Derby dress. And it still fits, after, well...my son was a toddler when I bought it... But it still looks good.

I do not have a hat like hers, though. In case you wondered.

I guess, lemons/lemonade. I can wear the floral dress and my ivory silk sandals to church tomorrow and see if anybody asks me the big question: "Did the toy manufacturer call you for fashion advice?"

Oh well--happy Derby Day, everybody! Even those of you who are 11.5 inches tall.

Magdalena

6 comments:

  1. Sorry your hat day was a bust. Hope you have a better day today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HECK, YEAH!! Wear that dress tomorrow! And get a big hat, too. I'd love to wear a hat to church. However,I can't find one to go with my robe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you had a bad day. Blogger is contrary with me too, but usually in the evening. Today WILL be better, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, arrgh, ladies. Double arrgh, in fact. I went to some independent bookstores today (new to me) and introduced myself...basically wasted my breath, and the people's time. It's so sad not to be on bookstore shelves. :(

    But the day wasn't a complete waste. We at at Cheeseburger in Paradise, and I had a margarita...then took a picture of a dog riding a motorcycle. I'll post it sometime next week, I think.

    Alas, no big hat for me tomorrow. I'll have to settle for big hair. Maybe I'll get a hat when they go on sale after this weekend, Jennifer J. (But don't hold your breath.)

    Jennifer M.--Blogger and I have gotten along gloriously today. Of course I was gone most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mags, I would have thought an independent book store would be more open to you. What's the deal? You could bring in some customers with a booksigning, and buy back any books after a period of time. What is the risk to them except more customers? Don't they know you'd send people to them to get your book??!! Gee whiz!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jennifer,

    This is just one of those things that I keep doing--hitting my head against a wall because it feels so good when I stop.

    Some independents will likely be more interested than the ones I talked to yesterday. I've had good luck, and so-so luck, but yesterday was no luck at all. I'll get over this and try again somewhere else in a while.

    Pouting, of course, is pointless. Or: pouting is perfectly pointless... like the sound of that.

    ReplyDelete