Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Productive day

I really did look like this yesterday. I worked diligently all day long, consumed twice as much coffee as usual, and by mid-afternoon was wearing long sleeves... Because, due to my intense concentration on writing, I hadn't realized the house had cooled down a lot and I needed to turn off the air conditioner. Brrr!

But even if I risked an overwhelming electric bill and frostbite, at least I was productive. I was intensely focused. (Me! Intense about something!) As Barbara Hannay says, "head down." Yep, that describes it.

This, I think, is the way a good writing day is supposed to be.

Magdalena

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Doesn't it feel wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely, Magdalena! I've done that too with the AC, lol!

    You always feel so good when you have a productive day. Wishing you many more.

    BTW, I have Blank Book up on my blog in the Hot Summer Reads slide show. It runs continuously, regardless of what current article is up. Do you have a clear picture of you at a booksigning? I'd like to add that to it and your Anthology on Lengend...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Devon, it felt great! I should admit that the telephone hardly rang at all. That helped with the focus...

    Sia, I'll be sure and send you a whole buncha stuff. Thank you for including my books in the slide show. Your blog look has changed and I hadn't noticed, since I usually see it in my Giant Blog Feed Reader. Very nice layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like congratulations all around!!!

    ReplyDelete