Friday, June 26, 2009

Report from the cave

You probably knew I couldn't stay away long.

Just wanted to check in and let you know how it's going, and find out how you're doing. Heard from Devon last night. It seemed years since we'd talked (a/k/a blogged and commented).

Now for my report... The WIP was going great. Dana and I were burning it up the first day. What fun! Then a set of edits arrived, and I launched into that.

Except of course I couldn't launch in full-time, cuz I'm not here full-time. This week I'm working a temporary part-time job. This is a place I used to work a few years ago--a place where I learned to appreciate how complicated people are. I really do need to sit down and make some character notes.

I saw an ad for a July online class in writing cozy mysteries, and the idea really appeals to me. So maybe I'll take that. I used to read a lot of mysteries, but I've never written one unless you count The Blank Book. I'm still not sure how to categorize that one.

Romanticparanormalcomedicmysterysuspense? I dunno. Shame on me for writing something that's difficult to categorize. Remind me not to do that again, okay?

Spot is fine, and sends his love. He's tired of worrying about the ceiling possibly falling, as it messes with his enjoyment of lounging in the window seat. He does, however, like meeting the contractors who come to walk on the roof and look up at the ceiling. I think he's generally tired of summer, though. He and I are not into heat and humidity. It makes our hair frizz.

So. What's up with you?

Magdalena

4 comments:

  1. It's good to hear from you. Strange that it's only been two days since you took yourself off to the cave. It does seem longer.

    Good luck with the wip, the edits, the temp job, and the roofers. Oh, and the online class. Wow, you ARE busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Devon! The temp job is over now. It was fun. The other things are still in the works, though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Magdalena, must have been a short cave. But we're glad to see you back. Seems like you were gone forever (he he).
    Sounds like you and the dog have a lot on your plates right now.
    Does he help with edits, or does he just criticize?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer, Spot's main function re: my writing is to make certain I take breaks...

    ReplyDelete