Saturday, June 6, 2009

Working weekend

I think this is my favorite clip art. I relate to it on so many levels.

Here I am in Magdalenaville instead of Cincinnati at the Lori Foster Readers and Authors Get-Together. So hey--to cheer us up, let's look at this cute book cover.


Tails of Love is the book written this year by Lori and friends, all proceeds of which go to animal-related charity. It comes in both ebook and paperback. Click on either of those links to read the blurb. It just came out this week, and I haven't read it, but thought I'd mention for you romance-reading animals lovers out there.

As you might guess, I spent yesterday jumping up and down, celebrating what Joyce Ann had written about The Blank Book. I also did some online "welcome mat" type stuff. Got my author page set up on Amazon (I think), renewed my website hosting, updated the website with a snippet from Joyce Ann's blurb.

Then--and this was scary--launched into a major shakeup of my MySpace page. The page was very kindly created for me by my son a year and a half ago. He did a fantastic job, using html and other letters I can't pronounce. It was perfect--until it was outdated. And I was clueless on how to update it. So yesterday I picked a template, cut out a bunch of verbosity I doubt anyone ever read, created a slide show of book covers, closed my eyes and hit "Save." I think it turned out okay. Take a look.

I took a promo piece to the one store in the universe that has The Blank Book on its shelves. Well...shelf. Lo and behold, there's only one book left. They've sold dozens. That's some nice news, huh?

And I looked at blog stats, something I don't do very often. (Not healthy to do it often, just like checking Amazon stats.)

A nice, busy day of catching up on things I really did need to do. And then there was the phone call from a friend telling me her new kitten has been named Magdalena. I'll try to get permission to post a picture of her, maybe next week.

But today... Today is writing! I'm having withdrawal symptoms. And hey, I get to wear my funky slippers.

Magdalena

8 comments:

  1. May you and your muse get lots of writing done. Very pretty music on your My Space. I should work on mine. I got mad at them because they wouldn't let my playlist be on there anymore. You know how I love my music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the terrific review! Sorry I didn't make it over here yesterday. Love the new myspace page. It's clean looking (as in uncluttered, which is nice) and doesn't take a year to load. Also, the piano is very soothing. I'll go look at your Amazon page in a minute. I've never looked at doing one of those. I'm hoping to have a productive writing weekend, too, so I hope we both get tons written.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer, I'm glad you like the music. It was months ago that I finally decided to put music on there, and the song I wanted wasn't available. So I sorta feel your pain on the music limitation. Then I searched for Yanni. I have some of his CDs and like his music. I think that piece suits me. Now I'm so glad I didn't get the other song.

    Are you writing this weekend? Probably too busy. When does the new book come out? I keep forgetting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there, Devon! Missed you yesterday. It's crazy how I start to obsess when somebody doesn't show up. As if I'm everybody's mother hen.

    I'm glad you like the new MySpace page. I know what you mean about taking "a year to load." My laptop gets close to overheating when I go to some people's MySpace pages, because there's so much going on.

    Amazon pages are cool because you can feed your blog in there, so you don't have to worry about doing a separate update of the Amazon page. But I'm sure you know that.

    I'm heading onto the porch in a minute with my steno pad. Way too pretty a day to stay in here! Good luck with your wip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a book signing next Friday night for The Jinx. The next book, The Clergy Affair, comes out July 31. This weekend: Take kids to kick off summer reading program at the library (11 this morning), take kids to Kung Fu (right now), and later this afternoon do a graveside service for a dear lady whose daughter has brought her ashes back to KY to be buried next to her husband. There are times-and I'm blessed when I'm part of them-when communion of the saints is very tangible.

    I slept well on my new mattress last night. I think it is the most comfortable mattress I've ever slept on. That coupled with my peaceful morning porch time is shaping this day into a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If it weren't so far away, I would be at your booksigning, Jennifer! I fully expect it to be a wonderful experience for you. Don't forget to have someone in charge of taking pictures! First Booksigning Picture needs to go in Ye Olde Authore Scrapbooke.

    Plus you can put it in a blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great reviews make you feel great!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete