Our little construction project doesn't look anything like this, but I like the picture.
Ever since the living room destruction/construction began, in order to avoid tracking dust everywhere, we're walking around it instead of through it. This has loads of unexpected benefits for me:
1. Approximately one-third more exercise to get from the sitting room to the kitchen, via the alternate route.
2. Much less snacking--who wants to walk that far to get a handful of mixed nuts or a cup of tea? Not me. At least, not frequently.
3. My son has been playing the piano more often since its temporary relocation into the kitchen. I don't get why, but this is a great perk.
4. Had dinner out the first night due to the kitchen being a bit...um...awkward.
5. While fixing dinner last night, I got more writing done on the WIP because I took Dana with me into yon kitchen. While the food cooked, I supervised--and typed. (I don't have the option of taking the laptop, because its battery is also under construction. So no internet distraction. Yay.)
I could go on and on about how great this is, but I don't want you to think I'm enjoying it too much.