Thursday, July 16, 2009

Working out

I spent much of yesterday working out. I walked a couple of miles, cleaned up and then went to my dad's house to work. I goofed around for a few minutes with his fitness equipment--a step exerciser, a treadmill, a bicycle exerciser thingie, and three sets of hand weights. There's also a partly completed Wheel of Pain, but I left that alone.

By the end of the day I was sore, and walking like someone twice my age--mostly because of a piece of equipment that looks just like this picture.

Behold, the--ouch--step ladder. Between that and elbow grease, I'm wishing for a day off from cleaning. But there's family coming in for the reunion this weekend, so no days off for me. I'm looking forward to visiting with everyone, including a cousin I haven't seen for seven years!

So I'll take some aspirin. I can always rest next week.

In other news, I'm having so much fun with the cozy mystery class! If anybody ticks me off, they can expect to turn up as a fictional victim in a future cozy mystery. Talk about recompense. I've chosen three victims in the last couple of days. I think this will really help my attitude.

The roof is half done. Cross your fingers, okay? The ceiling is now partly held up by duct tape.

Magdalena

5 comments:

  1. Haven't you heard, too much housecleaning isn't good for you. If you look around my house, you can plainly see that I'm trying my best to stay well. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good kind of busy, Jennifer!

    I hadn't heard that, Devon. No wonder I've been the picture of health all these years. Thanks for the warning! And really, who's going to notice dust when there's a duct taped ceiling to look at instead?

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am pretty sure that duct tape is a fashion statement. Doesn't it work for everything? Don't work too hard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well...if duct tape is a fashion statement, I'm not sure I want to hear what it's saying.

    :)

    ReplyDelete