Monday, August 17, 2009

Betsy surprised me

Whoa. I had no idea sweet little Betsy McClain would become a bit of a star. When we first met her in my novella contained in Ladies of Legend: Finding Home, she was a very pregnant secondary character, an absolute doll, and rather wide-eyed about the world outside Legend, Tennessee. She was Midnight Shelby's first friend in town. Betsy's husband Mike was in the story, too, but always stayed in the background. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with him, because I knew I wanted Betsy to eventually have her own book.

After that novella (Midnight in Legend, TN) we hadn't heard from Betsy in a while. But she has popped back onto the scene in a big way with Where Her Heart Is. I don't look at Fictionwise constantly--really, I don't--but this morning when I checked, this book was #107 in all romance.

My overwhelming thought is that people all over the country (perhaps even in other countries) may actually be reading Betsy and Mike's story, and coming to care for them and their daughter LizBeth Ann, that cutie pie.

I know it isn't a best seller, but this is amazing to me, and very humbling. Many, many thanks to everyone who has bought the book! Many thanks, and...

Welcome to Legend!

Magdalena

4 comments:

  1. Thanks, Jennifer. It's a different kind of feeling, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Magdalena! I've started to read it myself and it's a great story!

    How satisfying for you to see it enjoyed by many others. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. You're reading it. Thanks, Sia!

    ReplyDelete