Friday, August 28, 2009

Giving it away

Today I'm giving away an ebook over at The Romance Studio. They give books away every day! Go here and fill out the form if you're interested in winning an ebook copy of Where Her Heart Is. Isn't this exciting? I think it's really pretty darn exciting.

Of course I'm not going to try to win my own book. Ha. That's just silly...

TRS also has links to a lot of free ebooks anyone may download. These are donated by the authors so people can get to know their work, and maybe buy their books in future. Go here for the list of free ebooks. Not sure if you need a warning, but some of the books are very spicy! Is that a warning, or encouragement?!?

Oh! I noticed some of the Thornton W. Burgess children's books were released this week at Project Gutenberg. There are loads of his books on there now, from Buster Bear to Whitefoot the Woodmouse. Everything at Project Gutenberg is copyright free, and available to everyone. (They would, of course, appreciate donations, and volunteers.) Type your favorite author's name into the search box and see what you find!

If you become a member of the Oprah.com website (which is also free) you can receive all kinds of informational emails, but also you can receive notice when they give away a free ebook. I joined in time to download Let the Great World Spin by Colum McCann several weeks ago.

I love stuff like this, don't you?

Magdalena

2 comments:

  1. I definitely love free stuff. Busy day for me today, but I'll try to stop by the other site, even though I (of course) already have my copy of WHHI, and am in love with LizBeth Ann.

    Blessings to you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your busy day will go well, Jennifer! And for goodness' sake, don't feel as if you have to sign up to win a book you already own. :)

    I just checked again, and yesterday's books are still up there--one is by a Resplendence author, Minnette Meador. Fun!

    Maybe the free books change in the evening. I didn't ask that question... But for everyone who didn't know this giveaway occurs, now you know!

    ReplyDelete