Friday, August 7, 2009

(Mostly) blue skies

There was some devastating flooding near Magdalenaville early this week. The Louisville Free Public Library sustained considerable damage. Read about how you can help over at Maddie James' blog. I had thought of giving books, but evidently they're not at a point to accept those yet.

Magdalenaville lucked out with Tuesday's storms. We had a lot of rain and wind, but survived relatively unscathed.

The part-time temp job has been a godsend. What a nice opportunity to connect with a lot of people from my working past! Not only do I love seeing people, I love watching the looks on their faces as they try to process why I am where I am. It's that daggone mean streak of mine, I guess. Usually I explain within a few seconds, after the initial puzzlement crosses their faces.

The Progeny is off on a five-day trip to Michigan. He's worked hard this summer, and definitely deserves a few days of fun. Before long he will be heading back to college. Amazing.

I've spent more time with my cozy mystery class in the last day or so. I've named my sleuth (again), rethought the murder victim, chosen the killer (so into this killer) and murder setting, and decided on the weapon. (I especially love the weapon!) Thursday morning on my walk I even came up with a title. Sorry to be a tease, but I don't want to jinx myself by talking about specifics too soon. Alas, the class ends this week. I'll miss it!

OH! And Where Her Heart Is has done really well at Fictionwise since its release early this week. Much better than I expected. It's also available at Resplendence Publishing. Many thanks to everyone who has bought the book!

This is my wrap-up for the week. I hope to visit with you again on Monday!

Magdalena

4 comments:

  1. A nice catch - up with your life. Thanks. Have a good and restful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You too, Jennifer. You seem awfully busy these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm going to love your new book. So sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't you nice, Jennifer! I do hope you'll enjoy it. THE CLERGY AFFAIR is in my TBR, you know!

    ReplyDelete