Thursday, August 27, 2009

Under the Mistletoe has a cover...

Completely by coincidence, and not because Jennifer recently asked me if I was plugging a Christmas book, today I'm plugging a Christmas book.

Under the Mistletoe, a Ladies of Legend novella, is to be a September release from Resplendence Publishing. Yesterday the cover art went up on the new Resplendence promotion site!

The novella will be sold separately as an ebook, and packaged for a September print anthology with novellas by Janet Eaves and Jan Scarbrough.

All the stories are "historical"--Janet's is set in 1944, Jan's in 1969, and mine in 1975. (I'm having a hard time referring to 1975 as historical. It makes me feel old.)

I'll tell you more about this as the time approaches. I'll bet you expected that. In the meantime, you can enter a contest to win a free book at the promotion site. Just leave a comment there (not here) and you're entered for the drawing. Here's what it says:
Good luck!

Magdalena

10 comments:

  1. It is funny thinking of 1975 as historical. How did you manage? I can't even remember what happened last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, for one thing I'm older than you. For another, Wikipedia.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah man....

    Does that make me "historical?" I have a kinship with '75 ya know....seeing as how that was the year that ushered me into this world. :D LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stop bragging, Taryn, you whipper snapper (shaking my cane at you).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good grief! You were born in 1975? Omigosh, I was a sophomore in high school when this book is set!

    I guess it is historical after all. Ouch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mags, wanna use my cane? It's very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the offer, Jennifer. I've got one here. Not all that pretty but serviceable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've got some stickers you can use to decorate it. Your cane needs attitude. I'm going to put on mine, "Get outta my way!" and "Bless your heart!"

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! Ya'll crack me up. I don't feel much like a whipper snapper, Jennifer!

    I've got a cane around here somewhere (from when hubby broke his toe). It's a nice hand carved one, but I don't need a cane as much as I could use something for my arthritic elbow.

    (It's that or mouseinitis- an aching elbow from too much time with my hand on the computer mouse...)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hm. Now you're both making me wish my cane were prettier. Shame on you. I guess I could paint it a festive color. That would be fun! And maybe glue some lace and ribbons on it. Jennifer, does FAMILY FUN MAGAZINE have any cane decorating projects? Maybe this is your chance to make the big bucks with a project idea!

    You're welcome.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete