Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Fleur de Lis

Ooh! Looky where I went yesterday! The Fleur de Lis on Main--324 E. Main Street, Louisville, KY. An absolutely gorgeous condominium complex with an atrium courtyard (I love atrium courtyards). Each condo has a little balcony, either looking out at the city or overlooking the courtyard.

My cousin and I were there for the 36th annual Designers' Show House, which obviously wasn't quite a house. This year it was four condominium units on the fourth floor of this stunning building. The event is presented each year by the Bellarmine University Women's Council.

In addition to touring the four condos at your leisure, you can enjoy the boutique and Cafe Fraiche on the main level.

Did I mention the valet parking?


And the balconies... and the amazingly gorgeous rooms?!? Seventeen designers participated in the creation of a delightful feast for the eyes.

Talk about refilling the well! What I know is that, if I intend to knowledgeably write anything set in a city, I will have to do much more of this sort of thing. I've always lived in a small town. Much as I loved the tour, I don't have a feel for what it would be like to live and work in a city.

But that isn't the main reason we took the tour. We took it because it looked like a wonderful outing, and it was.

Magdalena

5 comments:

  1. Seeing the picture, I know where you went yesterday. I used to drive past that building when it was under construction. I work on Main Street, near third -- west Main, I guess. I've found another way to go now that misses the traffic so I didn't realize the building was finished. Looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, Jan! I thought you would know the place. It was a lovely day. The show continues through the 27th.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! Did you take any more pictures of the rooms?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool. I have no talent at it, but I love to watch those design shows on tv. That looks like a fun excursion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer J., I have a lot to learn about taking pictures with this "new" cell phone. I'll try to work on that.

    Jennifer M., I loved looking at what the designers had done. Some of it I didn't like, but most of it I LOVED!

    ReplyDelete