Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Reason #9 You Have Not Read THE BLANK BOOK

I know you've been anxiously awaiting the second installment in our series. If you didn't read the first installment, you can start there, then come back here.

Okay, drum roll... Reason #9 you have not read The Blank Book:

"I've never read anything by this author."

It's a bit scary to try new authors, isn't it? And it's a monetary investment, too.

But look at it this way--it takes some of the pressure off your favorite authors, by giving them time to write the next book. (Is it pathetic to try to pawn myself off as a social service?)

Plus there's always the possibility that a new author might become a favorite. Right? There's at least a small chance that you'll fall in love with the new author's voice, with her way of telling the age-old story of Boy Meets Girl...Happily Ever After.

I remember exactly where I was at the moment I read the news that LaVyrle Spencer was retiring. I was devastated! I couldn't imagine filling the void of that loss. Of course I still re-read my favorites of hers, but I also branched out and tried other authors. Since becoming an author, I've been more willing to give new people a chance. Some of them have become "auto-buys."

Remember--your current favorite used to be somebody you had never heard of. What if you hadn't given her a chance? Think of the wonderful hours of reading enjoyment you'd have missed.

To take a chance on this "new" author and The Blank Book, click either of its covers in the sidebar here. One is for the ebook, and the other for print. You can read the blurb and excerpt at the new page.

If you need a little more encouragement, here's a link to Abba's Take a Chance on Me.

Magdalena

2 comments:

  1. I love Abba, but watching their videos is nearly painful because of their clothes and hair. You, however, are sort of like a purple iris in the middle of a hay field.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee, and I was just thinking how chic they look. :)

    I love being a purple iris in the middle of a hay field!

    ReplyDelete