Monday, September 14, 2009

Somebody call Security!

So where the heck was our handsome security professional when somebody stole my chapter!?! That's what I wanna know!

A few weeks ago I wrote a really, really good chapter on one of my Top Five stories. When I sat down to work on the story yesterday, THE CHAPTER WASN'T THERE!

This wondrous chapter added depth to the main characters and moved the story along quite nicely.

I have a pretty good idea how this happened. It involves a dark-haired woman in a hot pink sweater, and an innocent-looking piece of technology that she carries in a chic little bag. And that's all I'm saying--on the record.

Magdalena

2 comments:

  1. *snort.

    The moral of this story is, don't let women in hot pink sweaters anywhere near your computer until you labeled and saved your work, lolol!

    Actually, I've done that before, but now I have this handy dandy thing called auto save, thank God, because a certain redhead has been known to have a storm or electrical glitch hit and the computer hiccups and bam, there goes my work. So now all I might lose is a couple of sentences, or maybe a paragraph.

    Reconstruction sucks, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Sia, reconstruction sucks big-time! You have spoken A Universal Truth, my dear. ;)

    ReplyDelete