Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Almost NaNo!

I'm doing it this year.

Doing. It.

Last year I talked about doing it, but got sidetracked. This year I am clearing the decks of other projects and starting out with a fresh page, so to speak, on November 1. National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) ends at midnight on November 30, and by then the truly invested participant should have completed the first draft of a 50,000-word novel. So very cool, and such a wonderful feeling.

Lots of camaraderie, silliness, and opportunities for procrastination go along with the event--but when I do NaNo, I tend to keep my head down and actually be productive. There's also a chance to donate money for the literary causes supported by the organization. Check out the website: National Novel Writing Month.

Now back to clearing the decks...

Magdalena

3 comments: