Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I'd better watch out!

It always surprises me to learn that someone has listened to what I've said, or read what I've written online. (Or--gasp!--read and enjoyed one of my books!) I'm sure that seems silly, but I'm not accustomed to people paying attention to me. I've spent most of my life being very, very quiet, and staying in the background.

Because of my innate shyness, blogging and commenting on other people's blogs, and goofing around on Facebook involve stepping out of my previously small and cozy comfort zone--and stepping out in long strides.

Well, Saturday I received a birthday gift from my friend Jonell. She had ordered it specially made--she told me this a while ago. I was tickled that it arrived late, because that means my birthday was still ongoing (it began on September 22, but I think it's over now.)

Inside the gift bag was a lovely mug! On one side is a big "M" and "Magdalena." On the other side it says, "Hope, Dream, Believe... And if necessary, Reinvent." Just like at the top of this blog!

Also in the gift bag was a box of Earl Grey tea. Jonell knew from a recent Facebook comment that I was low on Earl Grey.

What a lovely gift--and once again, a reminder that someone may actually be reading what I write, so I'd better watch it. :)

Magdalena

P.S. I apologize for my inability to take a good picture of the mug. Hope you don't mind the clip art instead.

5 comments:

  1. Aww, what a lovely gift, Magdalena! You'll think of her everytime you use it.

    A lot of us enjoy your blog and I personally, love your books. I always appreciate when you do visit my blog and comment. We both are busy and we are a bit hit and miss, but I love hearing the little things happening in your life. :-)

    So, you keep on posting and writing and I'll keep on reading.

    Deal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jennifer and Sia, for being here and for commenting. I never remember to thank you, do I?

    Friends are way too important to take for granted. Today is a good reminder of that.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, then, I appreciate even MORE that you visit my blog and comment, sweetie!

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Cheryl. I've enjoyed "meeting" you via the blog. Funny thing--nowadays, every time I see a flea market, I think about you and your enjoyment of such excursions.

    :)

    ReplyDelete