Thursday, October 22, 2009

RESTLESS HEARTS by Marta Perry

I recently read this paperback, which was loaned to me and came with a glowing recommendation.

Restless Hearts is an inspirational romance, centered on Romans 8:28 -- "And we know that in all things, God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose."

The story is set in the little town of Crossroads, Pennsylvania. The hero (a policeman) and heroine (a midwife) are not Amish, but many of the other characters are. If you haven't read an inspirational romance in a few years, you may be surprised to learn that they are much less "preachy" than they used to be.

Go to this page on Marta Perry's website to read an excerpt. (Click on the book's cover in the sidebar.) The publication date is 2008, so I can't find the paperback at eHarlequin. They do have the ebook there, though. Barnes and Noble has both the paperback and ebook.

Remember, I don't do reviews, but I like to tell you about books I've particularly enjoyed.

Magdalena

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much. I'm glad you liked it.

    Best,
    Marta Perry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my--what a nice surprise! Welcome to Magdalenaville, Marta!

    :)

    ReplyDelete