Monday, November 2, 2009

I've gone and done it

I've gone and done it--something a little wild. No, I didn't bleach my hair blonde and go shopping wearing an orange knitted hat. Wilder than that!

I joined another chapter of Romance Writers of America. That's three for me! (I'm usually not a "joiner." Really.) This new chapter is so new that I'm a charter member. The chapter was created for those who write or seek to write romantic women's fiction. Soon I'll have lots more to tell you about this, like the chapter's official definition of romantic women's fiction. When the website and blog are live I'll give you the links. Can't wait to show you the pretty logo.

I'm thrilled to be a part of the group, even though I'm just an upstart. Several of the other members are women whose books you've been reading--and loving--for years. I'm already learning lots!

Magdalena

2 comments:

  1. You know what an agent once told me was women's fiction? When the hero and heroine are married. That's right. If they are married, it ceases to be romance and is, instead women's fiction. Does anyone realize the sad commentary that is on marriage?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see what you mean about that, Jennifer. I guess the agent considers romance the development of the relationship that led to marriage?

    ReplyDelete