Monday, November 23, 2009

LAKESHORE CHRISTMAS by Susan Wiggs

Last night, thanks to a writer friend, I think I figured out what has been missing from my current WIP.

I celebrated with a supper of popcorn, and while munching this healthy meal, finished reading Lakeshore Christmas by Susan Wiggs. Then I needed to clean my beloved bifocals, because I had specks of runny mascara on them. The book ended beautifully. I dare you to read it without shedding at least a few tears. Happy tears--you know the kind.

The love story is between small-town librarian Maureen Davenport and former child star Eddie Haven. But there is so much more going on. This book is about miracles and second chances and working together as a community.

Lakeshore Christmas is available in hardcover or ebook at various locations, including Barnes & Noble. You can learn more about Susan Wiggs at her website and her blog.

(In case you didn't know it, I love Susan's books, and I hope to eventually write well enough to put specks on my readers' bifocals.)

Magdalena

4 comments:

  1. I love snow stories, whether they're in print or on film. Glad you found a good book! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow stories are always fun. I even love snow in real life.

    Thank you for stopping in, Devon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you're going to write humor (the specks on the bifocals comment), I'm going to quit drinking my coffee while reading your blog. Specks on the computer screen, wouldn't you know.

    ReplyDelete