Monday, November 16, 2009

Swirl. But the good kind.

Saturday I received some lovely feedback from the first Legend anthology, Finding Home. (Thank you, Jennifer!) You can read her nice comment on Friday's blog post.

I spent much of Saturday reading and editing my current story, and Sunday I started moving forward again. (I didn't want it to be another holiday story, which is where it was accidentally going. Oopsie.) LizBeth Ann is a minor character in this story, and it's such fun to write LizBeth Ann dialogue again. What a cutie pie!

(In the back of my mind, I'm mulling over the next project, which I think will be more romantic women's fiction instead of straight romance. But that's the back of my mind, a place known more for its cobwebs and confusion than for anything else. Still, mulling is enjoyable, and surely burns a calorie or two, so why not?)

Also on Sunday I learned that books have been ordered for a December 5 signing of Three Decades of Love. The signing will be held at Salem Apothecary, on the town square in Salem, Indiana. This is the afternoon of a community event called Christmas Around the Square, and it should be a busy and festive time. Another fun thing about the December 5 signing is that Jan Scarbrough plans to be there signing the anthology with me!

I attended a great concert with friends Friday evening, talked to The Progeny on the phone Sunday (OMIGOSH, that's what his voice sounds like! I'd nearly forgotten!) and did other non-writerly stuff like adding to the Goodwill donations bag and throwing a few things away. All in all, a terrific weekend.

Now if we can just carry over that feeling into the work week... What do you think the chances are?

Magdalena

2 comments:

  1. I've been out of the loop lately, but it sounds like you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The work week is good so far, too. Happy Tuesday, Jennifer!

    :)

    ReplyDelete