Monday, December 7, 2009

Books sold, given away, and... Ahem...



Jan Scarbrough and I were pleased to have a nice turnout for Saturday's booksigning. (I forgot to take pictures, so I'm making do with these lovely clip art people. I'm sure they want to read Three Decades of Love, too.) It was fun to visit with people, spend some time talking books.

After the signing I called the winner of the day's drawing, and delivered her prize--a copy of Jan's Kentucky Cowboy and a copy of The Blank Book. I also delivered some of the author copies I had earmarked for certain people. What fun it was to sell books on Saturday, but it was also lots of fun to give those away!

BUT. It is not fun to give books away unintentionally. Darnit, some of my ebooks have been pirated (also known as stolen), and I am both surprised and frustrated. I think author Shiloh Walker always does a great job of talking about ebook piracy, so if you want to learn why it's such a bad thing, click her name.

Many thanks to everyone who made Saturday's booksigning special--including whoever created that yummy minty hot chocolate the soda fountain was serving. Mmmm!

Magdalena

4 comments:

  1. Hi Mags, I followed your link to Shiloh's blog. Wow. Very powerful and troubling. Thanks for linking that. Hope it was a good day for you Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Mags, I enjoyed my visit to Salem. Hmmm, looks like a good setting for a book. Names will change to protect the innocent. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Jennifer. Yes, the signing was very good. The piracy not so much. I'm sure you can appreciate Shiloh's discussion of the topic, but I hope it never hits you.

    Jan, changing the names is always a good thing, I hear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Foarte interesant subiectul postat de tine. M-am uitat pe blogul tau si imi place ce am vazut.Cu siguranta am sa il mai vizitez.
    O zi buna!

    ReplyDelete