Friday, December 11, 2009

GARDEN SPELLS by Sarah Addison Allen


I just finished this book, and wanted to let you know about it--Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen.

This story is so beautifully told, I never had a moment of wishing it would move more quickly, or a moment in which I lost interest. (These things happen a lot when I read. Call me impatient if you must.)

This is romantic women's fiction--there is a romance or two (or three) but so much else going on, and we get the points of view of several characters. I love that. There's also a bit of suspense, and a large dollop of magic to bind it all together into a lovely package. To read the book blurb and an excerpt, click here for Fictionwise, or here for Barnes & Noble. Click Ms. Allen's name above to go to her website.

And just in case you're judging the book by its beautiful cover, stop that! You know we shouldn't do that!

Isn't it gorgeous?

Happy weekend... and happy reading!

Magdalena

4 comments:

  1. LOVED this book, Mags. I have also recommended it to people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Her website makes me want to read more, too...

    How was the parade in Greenup? Did KYOWA throw a lot of romance novels to people? Are there pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also have heard great things about this author, but I read a few pages of her work and just wasn't impressed enough to keep going. Thanks for the honest review.

    Marlene Detierro (NC Photo Booth)

    ReplyDelete