Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Sheesh. Is it Wednesday already?


I spent part of Tuesday napping, and the rest of it dragging myself from place to place--mostly inside the house--sneezing, and blowing my nose. And yes, I popped a couple of Echinacea to try to nip this thing in the bud. Not a great way to spend the day off, but better than being sick at work.

I finished reading a really good historical romance the other day, The Borrowed Bride by Elizabeth Lane. Maybe I'm losing it, but the ending genuinely surprised me (in a good way). Very enjoyable read! Click either the title or the author's name to learn more. And boy, do I love this cover!

If you're a writer and interested in a challenge, the deadline has been extended for The Writers' Digest Short Story Competition. You have until December 10 to write and submit a great story that is no longer than 1,500 words. I'm much too verbose for something like this, but more power to those of you who can be succinct.

As you may know, my author copies of Three Decades of Love arrived Monday. They are so pretty! I have hugged and admired them, and need to deliver to people who won them in drawings, etc. Going to wait until I know I'm not delivering a cold virus, too. Bleh.

Really looking forward to Saturday's booksigning with Jan, at Salem Apothecary. It's very likely I'll mention it again Friday. Just so you know.


Did I tell you the dishwasher broke? So spoiled was I for twelve years,
but now I'm hand washing. The upside is I get to listen to the radio. While I was listening (and washing) the other night, I heard about a new CD--The Definitive Vince Guaraldi. Love the music from the Peanuts Christmas special? This may be music you'll enjoy. Click on the title to go to the B&N page and learn more and/or listen to some of the tracks.

What's new and exciting in your part of the universe?

Magdalena

6 comments:

  1. Lots of info here, dear. Thanks. Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is yay for echinacea! Yes, I do feel better now. How are you, Jennifer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am much better than I deserve. Busy time of year, but I'm taking it one task at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One task at a time is good--take care of you so you can continue to take care of others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh! I've had that nasty cold. Be warned, the cough tends to linger.
    Glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete