Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Just enjoying the sea breeze

Here I am, in front of our beach house, finishing yet another 100,000-word novel. Whew! Only three weeks for this one!

But seriously. Say hello to the nice clip art lady. She is here to help me share good news that Home Sweet Legend is now available at All Romance eBooks, where it was featured (last time I looked) in the "What's Hot" section.

It also showed up today at Amazon for Kindle. My Amazon author page isn't exactly bursting at the seams, but it has a nice cozy feel.

So, I'm a writer, true? Because I have books with my name on them? That makes me a writer? And rich and famous and the coolest mom on the block?

Uh, no, don't think so. What makes me a writer is sitting down at my laptop even though I don't have a beachfront house, even though real life intervenes, even though I would sweat blood trying to eke out a 100,000 word novel in a year. (I think.)

And even though most people will never ever see my cozy Amazon author page. I write because it's who I am. A finished story is a wonderful gift I give myself. Lucky me to get to share it with you, if you're interested.

Thank you for joining me in the little celebration. Clam bake at the casa later...

Magdalena

2 comments:

  1. Yes. Your finished story is a gift to yourself. Good to have you here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for stopping in, Jennifer, in spite of all your busy-ness. :)

    ReplyDelete