Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Celebrating the completed first draft!

Whee! Breaking out all manner of bubbly to celebrate the fact that I finally completed the first draft of my Christmas novella.

I am mortified to be so horribly behind on my deadline, and I am also extremely grateful to Resplendence Publishing and my editor, who have been wonderfully patient with me. This is, of course, the worst time of my life, and I struggled like crazy to try to get my head into the story. I did not want to renege on the contract, but was still afraid I could never finish the novella.

Thank you for being with me through this past week for the word count challenge. Your encouragement, and the fact that my daily count was hanging out in the air for the whole world to see, are what got Jeannie Adams and Eli McClain to The End.

As I said, it's the first draft. This afternoon I start back through it, and likely will do at least one more pass before sending it in. But what a huge, huge thrill to have gotten to this point. Thank you all for caring and for helping! I hope that, like my daily walks, the daily word count has now become a habit I can maintain most of the time.

Magdalena
 

3 comments: