Tuesday, July 27, 2010

In my mind

On a recent shopping trip, my friend told me I should not be looking at short skirts. As a woman of a certain age, I am beyond that. Wearing a short skirt would make it seem as if I were trying to look twenty-five.Well, I'm not trying to look twenty-five. But I feel good, and I thought if I liked the skirt it would be okay...

Yeah, yeah, I know I'm twice twenty-five and change. But I don't creak, at least not very often...

And then the picture CD from our family reunion arrived. OUCH. Not only am I not twenty-five, I look four times that, at least. I have chicken neck and am making weird faces, and NOT SMILING. What's up with that? I am a person who smiles a lot. Or at least I used to be.

So today I started Smile Therapy. It will make me feel better, and the wrinkles it causes will be at the corners of my mouth instead of between my brows.

I am smiling as I type this. See my smile?  :)

I think it would look good with a miniskirt...or maybe not...

Magdalena

4 comments:

  1. My advice is, dress to please yourself. You don't look your age. At least, not the pictures I've seen of you. My mom is 76 and still wears jeans, and she still looks pretty good in them, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Devon. I probably look my age more than I did a couple of years ago when my promo pic was taken, but I'm not ready to dress like Aunt Bee yet either.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get that short skirt. If you like it, that's all that matters!

    ReplyDelete