Friday, January 21, 2011

Guess what!?! I wrote the beginning of my 2011 Christmas novella yesterday. The title is A Perfect Christmas, and it will release from Turquoise Morning Press in late September. Can't tell you a lot about it yet, but it feels good to have actually begun. Is it wrong of me to get enjoyment from making my characters suffer through the kind of cold weather and snow we've been having this winter?

Next week I'm to give a talk on the topic of "Writing and Publishing in the 21st Century." That should be interesting. I'm really hoping it will be interesting, and that people won't, you know, nod off. One thing I want to mention is this year's Tools of Change Conference in NYC next month. What a thrill it would be to attend that!

I'd like to blog about all the great fiction I've been reading, but the weird thing is, I cannot seem to read fiction. In the last year I've started reading dozens of novels, and have given up on them--some after just a page. I have always preferred novels to non-fiction. Always! And life being what it is, an escape would seem to be just the thing.

But my current reads are The Joy of Less: A Minimalist Living Guide, by Francine Jay, and Ageless, by Suzanne Somers. In fact, I've set aside The Joy of Less for several days, not even allowing myself a chapter a day as I had been. Why? Just wanting to savor it as long as possible.


What about you? What are you reading? Have your tastes changed with the seasons of your life?

Magdalena

No comments:

Post a Comment