Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Riding on clouds



What a great workshop Saturday! It was a delight to spend a whole day in the company of the writing community. Kudos to Scott Eagan of Greyhaus Literary Agency, who held us entranced all day.

I won't bore you with my take on things, but definitely suggest that if you are a writer and get a chance to hear Mr. Eagan speak, you try to make it happen. He represents romance authors, but most of his talk would have been useful for writers of any genre.

I appreciate everyone--the members of Kentucky Romance Writers for putting together a great event, Jan Scarbrough for letting me ride from Louisville to Lexington with her (cutting my drive in half), those who stayed with my husband so I could get away, and "The Kids" for having supper ready when I got home. Saturday was kind of like riding on clouds for fourteen straight hours.


And looky what arrived in my mailbox while I was gone. My author copies of Finding Home: A Ladies of Legend Novel. Thanks, Turquoise Morning Press!

Mags

2 comments:

  1. So glad you were there! It was great to see you! Being with other writer-folk always re-energizes me... and seems to make the other stuff I have to do go a little easier. I hope it was that way for you.

    Glad you're back in the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was *exactly* that way for me, Amy! So good to see you, and glad to be back here, even though I'm inconsistent.

    :)

    ReplyDelete